Re: String freeze break request for Iagno

Hi,

On Fri, 2019-09-13 at 14:58 +0200, Arnaud Bonatti via gnome-i18n wrote:
I used the string “Highlight _turnable tiles” in the “Appearance”
submenu of the hamburger menu, and similarly “A flag to highlight
turnable tiles” as a gsettings summary for a key. This function
highlights the tiles *that could be turned by a play* (in reversi,
pieces have two sides, one of your color, and one of the opponent’s;
and you capture by turning the piece); but it has been translated, and
probably in other language than French, by “Highlight playable tiles,”
making what the function does quite confusing.

I’d like to clarify that in the 3.34 branch (I’ve done master first,
but if you have better suggestions, I’ll change it there again also),
by replacing “turnable” by “capurable”

In contrast to "turnable", I have not been able to find "capurable" in
dict.leo.org or Google Translate so I have no idea what that means.

https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Use%20comments
allows to add a comment how to [not] translate "turnable".

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net