Re: gtk string change

Hi Matthias!

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 11:24 PM Matthias Clasen via gnome-i18n <gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Just a quick headsup:

We're chaning GtkSwitch to always use I/o instead of a translated on/off.
So there is going to be 2 less strings to translate for gtk.

Maybe it's a bit off-topic to ask this on this list but I don't know where else this has been discussed.
Why this change? What does I/o means? (well I know the input/output meaning, but if that's it, I don't see the generic relationship with a switch, so I assume it's another meaning)

I personally find this a lot less understandable than a translated on/off. Fortunately GtkSwitch also has color that shows if the switch is on or off, otherwise this I/o would be totally puzzling to me, as for whether the field is checked or not.

Jehan

P.S.: I am sure I am late and this has probably been discussed on some report before since it looks like an already done decision. But I still wanted to add my small comments. I hope you don't mind!