Re: Translations for Glabels 4.0

Hey Mario,

On ĵaŭ, 2018-11-01 at 10:04 +0100, Mario Blättermann via gnome-i18n wrote:
But Glabels development has been switched from GTK to Qt, and the
version control system now resides at Github [1]. The upcoming major
version 4.0 will be based on Qt. Along with the Qt port, we are no
longer using po files, but ts files.

Apart from Sveinn's fairly valid concerns, I am not really understanding
why the switch from gettext to Qt Linguist was made.  Is it not possible to
keep using gettext (and keep all current infrastructure) while still
using Qt?  I understand that it is not Qt's native solution, but it's
perfectly feasible.  I know that KDE uses gettext instead of Qt
Linguist[1].

Kind regards,
Carmen

[1] https://techbase.kde.org/Localization/Concepts/PO_Odyssey