Re: Unauthorized translation changes in dconf-editor

Sgrìobh Alexandre Franke na leanas 06/03/2018 aig 12:55:

That’s a perfect example of why you shouldn’t have made your changes in
the first place and reached out to translators instead. We switched to
typographic apostrophe for 3.26. All new strings should already be using
them and we fix them in old strings as we go when working on new strings
in a module. We actually have a translation for dconf-editor currently
on Damned lies which we blocked mid-process because of your changes.

Agreed. I get is why you wanted to help out with cleaning up, but any
change needs to always be vetted by an actual translator. There is no
way that you could know what each team's style guide or actual current
state of the translations is. Also, things that look like a typo to you
might be actually correct. Just to give an example, in my locale,
changing ’s to ‘s will introduce a serious typography error. Not
speaking my language, there is no way that you could possibly know that.