Re: Regarding GIMP Localization for Marathi

Hi Andre,

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 2018-06-07 at 12:42 +0530, Snehalata Shirude wrote:
> I am working on GIMP localization project we translated all required
> POT files and cloned first version.

> We translated full master file i.e. gimp20.pot but after cloning
> "filters" menu is still displaying in Englsih.

> What should I do?

What does "cloning" mean? Can you please describe your exact steps so
someone else could perform them without interpretation?

https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gimp/master/po/mr shows 0% translation.

If I understand correctly, they are not part of the Marathi team yet.

They sent another email earlier asking to be added to the Marathi translation team: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2018-June/msg00002.html
Later in the thread, they were saying that they contacted the coordinator but got no answer (at the time).
If that is still true, it is normal that it shows 0% translation since they don't have write access.

We would definitely welcome a new translation of GIMP, especially since it seems they did most (if not all) the strings!
It would be nice if the situation could be unblocked before we lose this contribution. :-)

Thanks guys!

Jehan

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/tree/master/po has no mr.po file.

https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/ContributeTranslations