grep

In Ubuntu, Unity has been replaced by the Gnome environment. I now see that many strings are not translated, but I cannot find where to translate them.

Example: Settings > Dock > Auto-hide the Dock
I tried the following command: :~$ grep -R "Auto-hide the Dock" /usr/share/locale* and grep -R "Auto-hide the Dock" but I get nothing in return.

I have checked gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-shell. These are fully translated. In fact, all core modules are translated, see https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/nl/gnome-3-26/ui/

Can anyone tell me where I should look for the untranslated strings?

Hannie
Gnome Dutch Translators