Re: grep

Hello Hannie

In Ubuntu, Unity has been replaced by the Gnome environment. I now see that
many strings are not translated, but I cannot find where to translate them.

Example: Settings > Dock > Auto-hide the Dock
I tried the following command: :~$ grep -R "Auto-hide the Dock"
/usr/share/locale* and grep -R "Auto-hide the Dock" but I get nothing in
return.

I have checked gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-shell. These are fully
translated. In fact, all core modules are translated, see
https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/nl/gnome-3-26/ui/

Can anyone tell me where I should look for the untranslated strings?

Hannie
Gnome Dutch Translators

It looks like the Dock item was introduced by Ubuntu, but I can't tell
whether it is translatable. See
https://didrocks.fr/2017/09/08/ubuntu-gnome-shell-in-artful-day-10/

Best regards,
Rafael Fontenelle