Re: date in friulian

Where have you seen those strings?

The second one doesn't seem to be right... I should check it with the original string, but that's not completely correct in spanish.

Thanks!

I searched around infos, and I found that SPANISH is similar to friulian in this problem:

el 29 de febrero de 1996

el primero de febrero de 1996

they use articles (but always in singular form) before the date, but it seems that in po file they use no articles before the day (they still use the "of" before moth and year);
anyway they do not use the different number (ordinal for 1st) and cardinal for the other days in the po file.
Does someone who translate from spanish has already tried to resolve this problem with the date?

Hi Fabio (re-added i18n, please reply to lits)

Still, it's an irregularity where the text surrounding a number
depends on the number.  This exists in gettext only as the standard
plural form feature.  Fixing it would require multiple such
mechanisms: One for singular/plural, one for dates, one for ordinals,

It is not straightforward and would have to be added to gettext, and
would propagate to GNOME and other projects in a matter of years - as
far as I can tell.

Best regards
Ask