Re: String additions to 'gnome-sound-recorder.master'

Hi,

Would you mind answering a quick question about this?

Does it affect translations if I remove unused gschema scheme ids? For example:
<schema id="org.gnome.gnome-sound-recorder.encoding-settings" path="/org/gnome/gnome-sound-recorder/encoding-settings/">

Is it a problem for you if I remove this but retain the portion of the xml which contains the strings, e.g.:
 <summary>Preferred media type for encoding audio when recording</summary>
      <description>Preferred media type for encoding audio when recording. 'audio/x-vorbis' for Ogg Vorbis, or 'audio/mpeg' for MP3, for example. This is not a MIME type.</description>

Thank you!
Meg

On Wed, May 7, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag gmail com> wrote:
> The issue I have, though, is that this is a bug fix so I would like to have
> the internal aspects of it in 3.12 as well. It isn't necessary to have
>>> + "Maps media types to audio encoder preset names. If there is no mapping
>>> set, the default encoder settings will be used."
>>>     + "Micophone volume level"
>>>     + "Micophone volume level."
>>>     + "Speaker volume level"
>>>     + "Speaker volume level."
> in the gschema file if it would result in a string freeze break. Would you
> like me to add a version of the commit without those to the 3.12 branch
> after I create it?

Including the fix in the stable branch is completely up to you, as
long as it doesn't break the string freeze. :)

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.fedorapeople.org/