Re: String additions to 'tracker.master'

On 17/03/14 15:14, Alexandre Franke wrote:
On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Martyn Russell <martyn lanedo com> wrote:
"""
The following types of changes do not need explicit approval, however we
would still very much like them to be announced so that we know about them:

  * Marking a message for translation that was previously not marked for
translation by accident.
"""

The diff in question:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/tracker/commit/?id=443714ea5a1dea68eaebe5753c2233c33179379d

There are 2 lines which were added for command line use only (so it's a
corner case) and weren't translated, so I've added them for translation
because they should have been.

Please advise if I am wrong here.

I am not an i18n coordinator, so take my words with a pinch of salt.
I'd say it's not really the same in your case because the previous
unmarked strings and the newly marked strings are not exactly the
same. If you didn't change the strings, you'd be in that
forgot-to-mark-them-by-accident situation, but I think here you are
not.

I see, thanks for the clarification.
Out of interest, isn't the work the same though, it's still +1 string to now translate or not, even if the content of the string changed or not before that?

Anyway, I will email the two mailing lists as suggested with a summary to get some resolution.

Thanks all, :)

--
Regards,
Martyn