Re: Question about translations

Hi Jim

I just submitted a request to the sysadmin team to create a git hook for
this check[0].

Meanwhile, until it really comes into existence, it would be great if
the following teams could check the results[1] of my little script[2]
and fix their translations:

bg
crh
hi
id
kn
ml
nl
pt
pt_BR
ru
sk
sl
ta
te
tr
vi
zh_CN
zh_HK
zh_TW

[0] https://rt.gnome.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=14101
[1] http://paste.ubuntu.com/6759144/
[2] http://paste.ubuntu.com/6758980/

Regards
Gabor Kelemen

Hello,

We've received a lot of translations in the past few days (thanks,
everyone!) whic is great to see.  However, a couple of times
translations have been checked in with strings that break
desktop-file-validate.  (Specifically, they missed the final semi-colon
in the Keywords list.)  Our build system runs desktop-file-validate, and
so these translations can break our build.

Is there a best practice in regards in desktop-file-validate?  I suppose
we could run it at install time rather than build time, but all that
would do is delay discovery of the broken strings.  What I'd really like
is for the translators to be notified of the problem before they commit
the strings.  Is there an accepted practice for this (i.e. a make target
we're missing, a la "make check-translations"?)

-- Jim