Re: "gnome-getting-started-docs" video translation

Hi Mario,

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 21:20:14 +0100
Mario Blättermann <mario blaettermann gmail com> wrote:

Am 18.03.2013 20:48, schrieb Mario Blättermann:
Hi Petr,

Am 18.03.2013 20:38, schrieb Petr Kovar:
Hi Mario,

You recently pushed the following commit to the
gnome-getting-started-docs git repo:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-getting-started-docs/commit/?id=8ff6ef7174d53ac45e68705976e81c9b22d6707b

Please do not commit translated SVGs (screenshots); as I explained
in an email sent to gnome-i18n (see below), all translated SVGs
will be generated by a release engineer when releasing a new
gnome-getting-started-docs release (one is due today).

OK, thanks for the hint. I've removed the SVG files from Git again.
You will find an archive file attached.

Sorry for the unneeded mail attachment. I've read your mail not
carefully enough. I understand it like »send the translated files to the
gnome-i18n mailing list«. OK, I don't have to bother anymore with a svg
editor. But I've another question: Will the translated
svg files compiled automatically?

Yes, the translated SVG files will be created at build time. You can
actually build the getting-started tarball yourself to see the translated
SVGs.

Just change to your local gnome-getting-started-docs directory and run:

./autogen.sh && make

Then change to the gnome-help/de/ subdirectory to check the SVGs translated
into your language.

I'm in doubt if this produces
meaningful pictures. If the translated string is noticeable longer than
the original one, it could lead to partially unreadable lines.

Yes, you can get the translated SVGs by building the tarball, see above.
Simply run "yelp ." in gnome-help/de/ to display the translated Mallard
document with included SVGs.

Thanks,
Petr Kovar