Re: Evolution translation commit reverted

The problem with itstool is that it doesn't say where is the mismatched tag. For this cases, gtxml is really useful but I don't know why, in this case, it didn't show the error.

With itstool you can isolate the .xml or .page file easily. Just using the following command inside a loop can help to identify the file containing the tag:

itstool --strict -m de/messages.mo -o /dev/null <.xml|.page file>

Now just need to search the offending tag in the PO file, filtering by the name of the XML file. It's not perfect, but maybe helps in some cases.

Cheers

P.S. To generate the messages.mo file just run msgfmt de.po inside the help/de folder

2013/8/22 Christian Kirbach <christian kirbach gmail com>
Am Mittwoch, den 21.08.2013, 10:35 -0400 schrieb Matthew Barnes:
> On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 16:19 +0200, Daniel Mustieles García wrote:
> > Committing the translation with this tag fixed should not break the
> > compiling process. Would you mind to try it?
>
> Nice catch, that fixed it.
>
> I reapplied the commit for Evolution 3.9.91.
>
> https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/commit/?id=3babc88996bdb55e651a238af8e9fd09ed953d20

I also ran into dependency issues when trying to compile.
Thanks for re-applying

For everybody, the tag mismatch was <_:guiseq-1/> and <_:gui-1/>

Use "itstool --strict" to detect similar issues.

--
Christian Kirbach <christian kirbach gmail com>