Re: Opentran unavailable

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org> wrote:
El dl 08 de 04 de 2013 a les 17:41 +0100, en/na F Wolff va escriure:
On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM, rafael ff1 <rafael f f1 gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Opentran seems to be unavailable for more than a week. Does any one
know what can be done or who to contact to solve this issue? I use it
A LOT to translate GNOME modules... :/

A few years ago when Open-Tran seemed to not get a lot of attention
any longer, we started the amagama project to do something similar,
albeit with some major differences. It is more of a service for
tranlsation memory, and it currently doesn't have a web UI, so in a
way doens't do everything that open-tran.eu did. However, you can get
the results automatically presented in the Virtaal translation tool.
The data is also much more up to date, and probably contains far more
projects by now.

Maybe I should now prioritise making a web UI. If anybody can help me,
it migth actually happen.

Friedel

Hi!

I didn't know that there is a public amagama service? Its API and access
is free and/or open? Where should we point our clients to?

It is a public web service. Here is the documentation:
https://amagama.readthedocs.org/en/latest/api.html
I think there is one bit missing (I'll have to check the code again),
but what is described there will almost definitely work in most cases.

I'm not sure how much load the current server can handle, but for now
there is still some capacity, it seems.

It would be cool to have a gtranslator plugin for it also :)

And integration with Damned-Lies would be... übercool!

I'm not sure what kind of integration with Damned Lies you have in
mind. There is currently no efficient way to get matches for a whole
file, and that might be a bit expensive, but I guess we can look at
that in time as well.

Friedel