Re: Bad stats for en_GB POs

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:34 AM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:

> This pre-filling behaviour for en* locales seems to be a msginit feature
> (which is the command run behind-the-scene by DL).
>
>> Should I just download them (already completed) and submit them via
>> vertimus?  Do you think that is an approach worth trying?  I avoided
>> trying that until giving you guys a chance to look into it.
>
> Yes, you can. However, if the file is absolutely identical to the
> original strings, I don't see the point in submitting an en_GB.po file.
> This is a waste of space/bandwidth/resource.

As I mentioned in another message that crossed yours, I have a
different point-of-view on "translating" en-GB.

I personally see it as an excellent opportunity to proofread the en_US
original and the en_GB completion is an easy indicator that the en_US
strings have been proofread by an English speaker besides the
developer.

Maybe I hold this view because so many Sugar developers are native
Spanish speakers, so I find lots of chances to offer improvements.
Certainly enough Gnome developers are from European backgrounds with
non-English mother tongues to make this a prudent step for Gnome as
well.

cjl