Re: Bad stats for en_GB POs

Le mercredi 05 septembre 2012 à 04:07 -0400, Chris Leonard a écrit :
> On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 3:57 AM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> > Le mercredi 05 septembre 2012 à 03:26 -0400, Chris Leonard a écrit :
> >> Here are some examples of Damned Lies telling fibs about statistics.
> >>
> >> These en_GB PO files are completed, but the stats do not show it.
> >>
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gegl/master/po/en_GB
> >>
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/xdg-user-dirs/master/po/en_GB
> >>
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/dconf/master/po/en_GB
> >>
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/json-glib/master/po/en_GB
> >>
> >> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/libsoup/master/po/en_GB
> >
> > I don't see the en_GB.po files in the respective directories...
> >
> > Claude
>

> If you download them, by clicking on  "PO file statistics: " link on
> the referenced pages they are "pre-completed" even though the stats
> say 0 complete.

This pre-filling behaviour for en* locales seems to be a msginit feature
(which is the command run behind-the-scene by DL).

> Should I just download them (already completed) and submit them via
> vertimus?  Do you think that is an approach worth trying?  I avoided
> trying that until giving you guys a chance to look into it.

Yes, you can. However, if the file is absolutely identical to the
original strings, I don't see the point in submitting an en_GB.po file.
This is a waste of space/bandwidth/resource.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net