Re: itstool improvements

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 11:45, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> If I put its:locNote="some comment" on the <p> element, you'll see
> it in the PO files. But you won't see it if I put it on the <item>
> or <em> element. What's more, the its:locNote attribute completely
> shadows comments from e.g. its:locNoteRule elements. I don't want
> comments to get lost.

Hi there, Shaun.

While I was working with ITS Tool on gnome-web-wppo[1], I faced such
problem as I tried to put a its:locNote in a <post> container that had
a bunch of children tags but no strings to be translated in itself.

I think this solution you just proposed makes a lot of sense and
solves the problem in a non-ugly way. However I'm just afraid, in a
situation like above, every single chindren element from <post> tag
ends up with the same repeated comment and the PO file gets way too
verbose.

I can't think of any better solution, but I agree comments getting
lost are worse than this.

Thank you!

[1] http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-web-wppo