Re: New team for Mon (mnw)

Hi Sumit,

Replies in-line:

El dv 27 de 07 de 2012 a les 18:19 -0700, en/na Mon Locale va escriure:
> Hi Gil,
>
> Thanks for the reply.

You are welcome! We, at GNOME Translation Project are always thrilled to
see new translation teams trying to start translating GNOME. Thanks a
lot for thinking about doing that!

> I've followed both links you've provided. Obviously, I'm so new with
> GNOME, especially to this geek world. I'm not sure if MNW is the
> locale for Mon language. I've gone through
> [http://sourceware.org/git/?p=glibc.git;a=tree;f=localedata/locales;hb=HEAD] and couldn't locate a locale for Mon language. I need your help for this.

If it's not there, it means that no one has made it, so let's make it ;)

I suppose that you will want to create at least mnw_MM (so Mon in Burma)
and an aliases for to that one for mnw_TH (so Mon in Thailand). Is that
right (I picked the countries from Wikipedia, so maybe there are more
countries where Mon is also spoken).

To fill all the data, please, ask on the gnome-i18n mailing list and
already open a bug for it requesting the locale to be added:
http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/

Look at the links on Claude's tool to create locales too:
http://lh.2xlibre.net/

> Again, thank you on behalf of 10 million Mon people around the world.
> Let's something great!

Again, you are welcome, we are here to try to help you and make GNOME
available on as many languages as possible!

Cheers,

--
Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net