Re: Kyrgyz months

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 12:26 PM, Chingis Jumaliev <chingis091 gmail com> wrote:
> OMS, the government and the newspapers uses only Soviet month names, I
> hate them. So I can only show a scanned page from the Russian-Kyrgyz
> Dictionary of Yudakhin (attached). Anyway, the Kyrgyz months are used
> in schools, in which I studied.

Dear Chingis,

It seems that you have a number of differences of opinion with the
currently listed Kyrgyz Team Coordinator, Timur Jamakeev.  This list
is not really the place to resolve those issues because no one else
here seems to be a Kyrgyz speaker, and so they will not be not able to
offer informed opinions on the issues you raise.

I strongly suggest that you follow GNOME's procedures to address your concerns.

You should read more about those procedures on the Translation Project
wiki to become familiar with them.

https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject

If the Kyrgyz team coordinator is not responsive to your requests or
is no longer active, you can request the opportunity to be the lang-ky
team coordinator yourself; however, the Gnome procedure is to give the
previous Team Coordinator the opportunity to address your concerns.

As for the glibc locale issues you have raised, this list is not the
correct place to raise them.  They should be addressed by filing a bug
(ideally with a patch) in the bug-tracker.  I have offered to work
with you to file a patch, but I do suggest that we do this off list,
because it is not of general interest.  Having this discussion on-list
is not going to achieve any results, only by filing a bug and patch
will you have a chance of seeing the changes you request in the glibc
locale information.

I am also willing to work with you so that you can modify the glibc
locale file that you use locally while waiting for a patch to be
accepted.  If you would like to begin working on productive avenues of
addressing your concerns, please write to me privately and I will help
you to follow the necessary procedures for developing and filing a
glibc locale ticket.  Posting information about glibc locales to this
list will not accomplish anything useful.

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordiantor