Re: Tools to help with mnemonic l10n?

Hallo Byrial

The information should be in po-file in form of some form of extracted
comments inserted by the program which generates the pot-file. That
program can get the information by parsing the XML file made be glade.

I think the problem is that not all programs in GNOME use the xml-files for the program layout (Glade generated or otherwise). But of course that is no reason not to try an make it work for the applications that do use these.

How is it, it is intltool that is used to extract the messages, or was that about to change or am I confusing it with something else.

Regards Kenneth

The format could for instance be something like this:

#. Mnemonic group "Search menu" with 3 items.
msgid "_Search..."
msgtext ""

#. Mnemonic group "Search menu" with 3 items.
msgid "Find _next"
msgtext ""

#. Mnemonic group "Search menu" with 3 items.
msgid "Find _previous"
msgtext ""

Best regards
- Byrial