Re: glibc a requirement? (was RE: Russian in traditional orthography support)

On 09/15/2011 10:49 AM, Johannes Schmid wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> I've actually wanted to raise this topic a while ago. Why is this a
>> requirement?
>
> I think it's rather a technical problem that you cannot really set your
> environment to use a language that isn't supported by glib but I might
> be wrong.

You can, localedef + custom locale file is the (official, upstream
approved!) way. But then you should also make sure your users also have
the same locale file in their setup (aka 'provide it in their Unix
distribution package).
/Ihar