Re: Russian in traditional orthography support

On 09/14/2011 04:08 PM, Chris Leonard wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 3:25 AM, Ihar Hrachyshka
> <ihar hrachyshka gmail com> wrote:
>> On 09/13/2011 09:58 PM, -скрыто- Алекса wrote:
>>>
>>> (In continuation of discussion from 2011-04-01)
>>>
>>> So what's about my team registration request? Since Gnome also provide GTK toolkit, it is important to have the support and standardized locale name there.

>> Do you have libc locale assigned for this orthography?
>> /Ihar
>
> Wouldn't this be ru_RU ?
>
> cjl

Hi,
To be able to translate it separately from mainstream Russian
orthography, they need to get special libc variant for their language
flavor. Like be_BY@latin for Latin alphabet variant for Belarusian
language. Same for "traditional" Russian orthography (which one of
them?) It should get libc approval for smth like "ru_RU@traditional"
(just an assumption) to be able to proceed with releasing translations
for GNOME.
/Ihar