Re: Google Code-in

Answer below.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 11:21:04 -0400
> Von: Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress gmail com>
> An: Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org>
> CC: gnome-i18n gnome org
> Betreff: Re: Google Code-in

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org> wrote:
>
> > El dv 21 de 10 de 2011 a les 11:36 +0200, en/na Kenneth Nielsen va
> > escriure:
> >

> > > If Gnome decides to participate I would also like to add a few
> > > localisation tasks. However, I am not sure if Gnome participation is
> > > planned this time around. I think previously some of the Gnome
> > > developers have offerede this oppotunity up, but there has not been
> much
> > > interest in it, so I am not sure if it will be offerede again.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > No matter if GNOME participates or not. We should collect some small
> > task ideas related to i18n/l10n.
> >
> > Who starts a live.gnome.org page with his/her own ideas? :)
> >

> A collection site for small to mid-size projects you can point people to
> is
> always a good idea.  As an alternative to a wiki, some folks (like Sugar
> Labs) have a component in the bug tracker called "sugar-love" wher
> etickets
> may be accumulated.
>
> Not sure if Gnome would welcome the tracker being used that way, but it is
> another option and doesn't require wiki privs.

There are no wiki privs. Anybody can get an account and edit it.

I coordinated GCI for GNOME last year. As I am travelling right now (Google Mentor Summit, nice coincidence), please feel free to edit
https://live.gnome.org/GoogleCodeIn/Tasks?action=show (take a look at older versions of that file, as we had a template for potential tasks and that is really needed!), and to update and link to that page from https://live.gnome.org/GoogleCodeIn (and add a warning that GNOME is NOT an accepted org yet).

If that's too much work: I might have some time to do this tomorrow myself. :)

Thanks,
andre

 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!
 http://www.iomc.de