Re: Generating catalog from js file

Hi, Claude,

2011/5/27 Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>
Hi Pau,

Your xgettext call is not correct. -f is not intended to define files to
extract strings from, but a file which might contain a list of paths to
consider for extraction. Please read 'man xgettext' again.

But you are also right: there is no pure xgettext _javascript_ parser.
Even if most of the time the default C parser will do it fine (or the
Perl one in certain cases), this is an issue where I think we need
someone to step up and write a dedicated parser.

I've found this tutorial:
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Extensions/FAQ/CreatingExtensions

But using this command to generate a pot file:
xgettext -k_ -kN_ -o messages.pot extension.js

Seems to not work either. Gettext says that it can't recognise the «js» extension:

[pau@localhost weather venemo net]$ xgettext -k_ -kN_ -o messages.pot extension.js

(warning: the 'js' extension is unknown, trying with C language)

I'm using Fedora 15 and have installed the translator-toolkit. Am I missing any libraries?

Thanks for your help!

Pau