Generating catalog from js file

Hi all,

I'm learning a bit of _javascript_ programming for gnome-shell creating some extensions. I have dowloaded the extension known as weather-applet:
https://github.com/simon04/gnome-shell-extension-weather

On the code there are a few strings that can be translated. So I tried to use poedit in order to generate the catalog and start translating those strings.

The problem is that poedit, even gettext directly are no able to recognise the _javascript_ language.

___
pau@linux-5225:~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions> cd weather\@venemo.net/
pau@linux-5225:~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/weather venemo net> ls
extension.js  locale  metadata.json  stylesheet.css
pau@linux-5225:~/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/weather venemo net> xgettext -f extension.js
xgettext: error en obrir «/*» per a llegir: El fitxer o directori no existeix
____

How can I extract the strings to translate and generate a pot/po file from a js file?

Thanks!

Pau