Re: xkeyboard-config: GNOME help for non-GNOME project needed, for GNOME3 release

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Sergey Udaltsov
<sergey udaltsov gmail com> wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> G-c-c and gnome-shell are using xkeyboard-config for displaying the
> variants and layouts. Formally, this is NOTGNOME - but that project
> defines some strings visible in GNOME GUI.
>
> There is agreement to make special xk-c release for GNOME3 around next
> Monday. There is massive work to be done by translators.
> I am kindly asking GNOME Translation Project to help Translation
> Project (that's where xk-c translations are managed).
>
> http://translationproject.org/domain/xkeyboard-config.html

Some translation management tips for the Translation Project:

1. To be able to submit a translation to the Translation Project,
you need to either ask someone who has an approved account for your
language, or become approved yourself.
If you ask someone else to submit the translation, your name must not
appear in the PO file.
The Translation Project has a e-mail 'robot' that vets the
translations that are submitted, and it
is very strict as to what is OK.
2. I recommend you to become members of your language team. It's a
painless process if you do it
right.
a. Get the Disclaimer document from
http://translationproject.org/html/whydisclaim.html
and load it in LibreOffice. Edit the document and fill it in with all
the details. Then, print it, sign it and scan it so that you
have a digital image of the completed form.
b. Use one of those Free FAX to the USA to send the completed
disclaimer to the FSF.
(the FAX number is in the disclaimer document).
c. It takes several days for processing, so do this now in order to
get accepted before the end of the week.

So, make the appropriate arrangements now so that your translation
gets accepted to the Translation Project on time.

Simos