Re: gnome-shell string freeze request

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de> wrote:
> The main gnome-shell UI displays "Power Off..." (when you press the
> Alt-key) and I think the dialog should be consistent with that. "Power
> Off..." is also much less tech-language then "Shutdown".

I'm not sure but isn't Microsoft using "Shutdown" too?

Just that they are spelling it "Shut down" (which may be the correct
form, I'm not sure about this).

http://help.artaro.eu/images/winvista/vistabasics06.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcStx3I-DrE2pJqHEodMOds5hHUeisX7adieL_qhKDbtvK7ff6pW
http://help.artaro.eu/index.php/windows-7/the-basics-of-windows-7/restart-or-turn-off-your-windows-7-computer.html

Do you know about anyone not understanding that term or is it just a hunch?

--
 .
..: Lucian