"unit-symbols" in gcalctool

Hi everybody

I'm reviewing a translation for gcalctool. I'm wondering if anybody with
more experience can shed some light on the "unit-symbols". They seem to
be any and all realisations of a certain measurement unit in English,
and that it probably shouldn't be merely translated.

Can anybody confirm? If it is merely for parsing, I might include some
less than 100% correct versions that people might use, but if this will
be used for display, I should avoid using them.

Who of the four maintainers on Damned Lies should be contacted? All of
them? ;-)

Thank you for any help.

Friedel

--