Re: Localizing GNOME 3 marketing messages

Hi!

Sumana Harihareswara <sumanah panix com>, Sat, 05 Mar 2011 17:06:02 -0500:

(...)

> I'm sorry for the delay in response.  I think the materials are in a few
> different formats:
>
> The Talking Points are just on the wiki, in wiki markup:
> http://live.gnome.org/GnomeMarketing/TalkingPoints
> The GNOME3.org website, especially the front page and the FAQ -- not
> sure what the format is, asking Allan & Andreas.

FWIW, the GNOME3.org website has been already made available for
localization to translators some time ago, see the git module:

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome3-web/

The DL module page with available translations is here:

http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome3-web/

It makes use of gettext as this has been the preferred way of localizing
'non-standard material' for GNOME translators before, e.g. when dealing
with the GNOME Library website localization, or even with the subtitle
translation support for the Nelly Kroes on Open Source video that was
presented at GUADEC last year:

http://l10n.gnome.org/module/library-web/
http://l10n.gnome.org/module/video-subtitles/

Hope that helps to clarify the situation a little bit.

Cheers
Petr Kovar