Re: GCompris needs a translation update

Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 00:12 +0100, Olav Vitters a écrit :
> On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:52:17PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 10:31:38PM +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > > the help of an admin. I asked the gnome administration team but did not
> > > get an answer so far. I think it's because even on the server side it is
> > > not that easy to do.
> >
> > I did not notice such a request. Maybe we missed it? Anyway, cannot help
> > as I do not know anything about Git. However, can ask Owen for
> > assistance.
>
> Ok, talked to Owen. He suggested something equivalent to the following
> command:
>   git push origin gcomprixogoo:master
>

> Is this acceptable?
>
> Note: I do not know anything about Git! So I am asking if it would do
> what is intended as well as for approval.

Hi,

Thanks a lot to take care of this. In fact this command is not accepted
by git because it would loose history on the master branch:

To ssh://xxx git gnome org/git/gcompris
 ! [rejected]        gcomprixogoo -> master (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to
'ssh://xxx git gnome org/git/gcompris'
To prevent you from losing history, non-fast-forward updates were
rejected
Merge the remote changes before pushing again.  See the 'Note about
fast-forwards' section of 'git push --help' for details.

Perhaps the idea would be to branch master in a branch gcompris-8.4
starting at when the gcomprixogoo branch was created. I am not sure how
to do this either.

--
Bruno Coudoin
http://gcompris.net  Free educational software for kids