Re: GCompris needs a translation update

On Wed, Jan 05, 2011 at 11:52:17PM +0100, Olav Vitters wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 05, 2010 at 10:31:38PM +0100, Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > the help of an admin. I asked the gnome administration team but did not
> > get an answer so far. I think it's because even on the server side it is
> > not that easy to do.
>
> I did not notice such a request. Maybe we missed it? Anyway, cannot help
> as I do not know anything about Git. However, can ask Owen for
> assistance.

Ok, talked to Owen. He suggested something equivalent to the following
command:
  git push origin gcomprixogoo:master

Is this acceptable?

Note: I do not know anything about Git! So I am asking if it would do
what is intended as well as for approval.

Note to myself (this is sysadmin specific, just ignore):
0. Owen suggested to test scripts before reconfiguring, log:
<owen> bkor: if you want to check the scripts, you could change the
setting and do the command above with the -f and without the
--exec=force
<owen> bkor: that should deny you because we don't want normal users to
do that, and the --exec=force is basically "sudo"
<bkor> owen: ah, you mean to check if the scripts deny the
non-fast-forward
<owen> bkor: yeah, that's what I mean
1. Make backup of repos, as forced non-fast-forward hasn't been tested
   with our scripts
2. Edit /git/gcompris.git/config, change following to false:
     [receive]
             denyNonFastforwards = true
3. Run:
     git push -f --exec=force origin gcomprixogoo:master

--
Regards,
Olav