Re: New Evolution user docs

Op Di, 2011-08-02 om 19:27 +0200 skryf Andre Klapper:
> Heja translators,
>
> this is a warning that I'd like to merge the new Evolution user
> documentation for 3.1.5 (means: within the next 12 days) if the
> Evolution maintainers agree (and help me)[1].
> It is a rewrite in Mallard[2] instead of DocBook.
>
> After copying the new docs locally to evolution/help/ and running some
> interesting commands[3] to copy strings from the nearly complete Czech
> translation of the old documentation, the result is:
>  * Total strings: 2104
>  * 314 translated messages (15%)
>  * 883 fuzzy translations (42%)
>  * 907 untranslated messages (43%)
>
> I'd also love to have (in SQL terms) a left outer join of
> new-user-docs.po and user-interface.po as some strings in the new docs
> are the same as in the UI and as this would hopefully provide a higher
> initial translation coverage.
>
> Anybody having good ideas how to do this?
> (I've tried but my msgmerge skills seem to end here.)

Ok, so you started with:
    msgmerge -o merge.po cs/cs.po foo.pot
If I understand correctly what you want, you can try instead
    msgmerge --compendium=../po/cs.po -o merge.po cs/cs.po foo.pot
with ../po/cs.po the current user-interface.po.

If that doesn't work, you can try the command "pretranslate" from the
Translate Toolkit with something like this after you migrated the help
translations to the new .pot file and stored the output in cs/cs.po
    pretranslate --tm=user-interface.po  cs/cs.po  all-together.po

I hope that helps.
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: