New Evolution user docs

Heja translators,

this is a warning that I'd like to merge the new Evolution user
documentation for 3.1.5 (means: within the next 12 days) if the
Evolution maintainers agree (and help me)[1].
It is a rewrite in Mallard[2] instead of DocBook.

After copying the new docs locally to evolution/help/ and running some
interesting commands[3] to copy strings from the nearly complete Czech
translation of the old documentation, the result is:
 * Total strings: 2104
 * 314 translated messages (15%)
 * 883 fuzzy translations (42%)
 * 907 untranslated messages (43%)

I'd also love to have (in SQL terms) a left outer join of
new-user-docs.po and user-interface.po as some strings in the new docs
are the same as in the UI and as this would hopefully provide a higher
initial translation coverage.

Anybody having good ideas how to do this?
(I've tried but my msgmerge skills seem to end here.)

In case you are curious and want to take a look at the new docs:
* git clone git://gitorious.org/evolution-docs/evolution-docs.git
* cd evolution-docs
* yelp .

Cheers,
andre

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2011-August/msg00004.html
[2] http://projectmallard.org/
[3] cd git-checkout/evolution/help/
    xml2po -o foo.pot ./C/*.page
    msgmerge -o merge.po cs/cs.po foo.pot
    msgfmt -c --statistics -o merge.mo merge.po

--
mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper | http://www.openismus.com