Re: Issue with Gnome 2.30.2 gtk 2.20 version

From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
Subject: Re: Issue with Gnome 2.30.2 gtk 2.20 version
To: "GNOME i18n" <gnome-i18n gnome org>
Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2010, 3:56 AM

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 05.10.2010, 03:37 -0700 schrieb Narine Martirosyan:
> I generated pot file from nowdays gtk+ 2.20 revision and it contains
> no "New", "Copy", etc... strings.

How did you create the pot file (commands)?
http://l10n.gnome.org/POT/gtk+.gtk-2-20/gtk+.gtk-2-20.pot does contain
all these strings.

andre
--

Thanks Andre,

I use the following to generate pot:
 intltool-update --pot

It seems that I used not very last revision, but I still have a problem.

I translated stock labels in hy.po file, then create mo ( msgfmt hy.po -o gtk2-20.mo ) and
put the mo file into /usr/share/locale/hy/LC_MESSAGES. After this those stock label translations aren't applied to the installed GNOME 2.30.2. For example I see English version of New, Copy, etc in gedit...

I'am not so clue in git, but I think there should be some tagged branch from which we can use gtk 2.20 for GNOME 2.30.

Could you please tell me is there any tag? If no, could you please tell me the revision number of the branch? Can I checkout some specific revision?

Thanks in advance,
Narine