Fwd: Issue with Gnome 2.30.2 gtk 2.20 version

resent to mailing list
I always forget to do reply all :(

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com>
Date: Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 6:01 PM
Subject: Re: Issue with Gnome 2.30.2 gtk 2.20 version
To: Narine Martirosyan <narine_martirosyan instigatedesign com>

On Tue, Oct 5, 2010 at 5:37 PM, Narine Martirosyan
<narine_martirosyan instigatedesign com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have installed Gnome 2.30.2. There are lot of applications (gedit, calculator, etc) which menu item translations are taken from gtk, as they are stock labels: "New", "Cut", "Copy"... As I understood gtk version used in 2.30 is 2.20.
>
> I generated pot file from nowdays gtk+ 2.20 revision and it contains no "New", "Copy", etc... strings.

I believe they are in libgnomeui

Now I have a question to all translators:
Since not all strings which appears in an application comes from that
application itself,
or sometime we doesn't even know what application is running and displaying
a specific string, is there a web based service/standalone application
which can help us
finding which module contains that string? Do you have to search that
manually from
local git copy?

--
andika