Re: [Glabels-devel] String freeze for gLabels 2.3.0

On 05/24/2010 03:19 PM, Claude Paroz wrote:

Thanks. Now I'm still seeing some strange things. There are a bunch of
"xx_page" (cd_size_page, finish_page, ...) from
data/ui/template-designer.ui. Are you sure those strings should be
marked as translatable?
You are right. These should not have been marked translatable. I just checked in a fix.
The new GTKBuilder .ui format allows for specifying markup outside of
the string itself, which is better for translators (and less
error-prone). Should be nice for a future version.
E.g.
http://git.gnome.org/browse/empathy/commit/?id=7e6f8f16531da4f40ba4f3158d31fce863942bda
I will check into that after the release.
More translator comments would be welcome. For example, it's difficult
to translate msgid "Up" without explanations.
I will try to look for these.

Translators, Please point out any strings that are ambiguous or unclear -- unfortunately I am not multi-lingual, so I am not always sure what is easily translatable.

-Jim