Re: Complaint of the Slovak coordinator

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 10:40, Mattias Põldaru <mahfiaz gmail com> wrote:
> Ühel kenal päeval, E, 2010-05-17 kell 10:23, kirjutas Jiri Eischmann:
> Although, somewhat interesting is what helix84 says: "I would not agree
> to Marcel staying the only commiter, in any case", which sounds much
> like a personal issue to me. Is this true even if Marcel is willing to
> change the work model? According to some steps he has already taken, he
> may be willing to. But in the end, we always should put our personal
> feelings and concerns aside and think how to get the work done.

It is not personal. As I said before, I disagree with the team
coordinator being the one stating the rules and the rest of the team
having to follow them with little space for discussion. The current
coordinator, Marcel, does that. This topic is the result of that.
Being the only one with commit access is his way of enforcing the
rules. (One example of a rule: granting commiter rights is at his own
discretion, there are no stated requirements for becoming a commiter)

Regards,
~~helix84