Re: Should we really translate legal notices?

2010/5/5 Ihar Hrachyshka <ihar hrachyshka gmail com>:
> Fo now, we have translated disclaimer/notice only while using localized
> interface.
>
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 09:20 +0200, Sabine Cretella wrote:
>> That is exactly the way to go, this is used also for international
>> contracts. The original language is the one that has legal binding,
>> the other one is to be seen as an "informative translation".
>>
>> Sabine
>>
>> On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 9:14 AM, Mattias Põldaru <mahfiaz gmail com>
>> wrote:
>>         I am no expert but the first thing that comes to mind is
>>         adding an extra
>>         disclaimer, which states, that in cases where translation
>>         differs from
>>         the original, the original superseedes any translation.
>>
>>         Mattias

In our team we do translate legal notices, because we want to rise
awarness about them. If we don't, I think we wouldn't be better than
Microsoft which writes such nonsense in EULA. I want people to know
their freedoms to use open source and free software. You'll never know
if people read them or not, or do they care or not.

Cheers,
Peter.