Re: modifications in Lithuanian gnumeric translation

2010.07.16 15:23 Aurimas Černius rašė:
> Hi,
>
>> I've updated Lithuanian Gnumeric and posted it on
>> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnumeric/master/po/lt. Lithuanian team
>> coordinator took that translation, applied massive style changes and
>> committed translation without indicating who did those style changes.
>
> Are you talking about copyright notices at the top of the file (where
> the name of coordinator should appear too) ?
>
> Also, the changes are not so massive, mostly on "byla" changed to
> "failas", to be more consistent with the rest of lihuanian translations
> of GNOME.

"Failas" was not consistent with Gnome until "byla" was unilaterally
replaced by some person and it is not consistent with other Gnome Office
translations. So don't tell me about consistency. If they wanted
consistency, they had to replace all gnome office translations instead of
replacing the only translation, that had translator's veto on "file"

>> These translation style changes are not acceptable. I ask to revert this
>> commit
>> (http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnumeric/commit/?id=162cc8795e45263045bba5b1a56a5f958974c3a4)
>> or commit my translation without controversial style changes.
>
> Calm down.
> Don't you think you should raise this question in lithuanian team first,
> rather then make it global problem.

I've raised the problem 2 months ago. Committer and coordinator choose to
ignore it.

>> Lithuanian Gnome "translators" MUST respect my work and either use my
>> contributions without their broken style changes or do their own
>> gnumeric
>> translations.
>
> The same way, you, as translator, should respect the general translation
> rules of the team, rather than to to your own. Or retranslate *ALL*
> GNOME programs in your style at submit it :)

Let's start with all my translations that were committed in 2003-2004 and
latter corrupted by others. You don't know history of Lithuanian Gnome, if
you think that my contributions in this translation are not important.

These are not general translations rules of the team. These rules were
rewritten by translation coordinator, when he decided to ignore others.
Current coordinator does not defend rules, he defends status quo and
status quo reflects only opinion of one person and people who latter
joined the ship.

--
Tomas