Re: Lithuanian gnome-office translations

2010.07.06 10:37 jhs jsschmid de rašė:
> Hi!
>
> First, please keep you mails as objective as possible without accusing
> people or trying to guess their reasoning for doing something. That's
> pretty impolite.
>
>> Current Lithuanian translation maintainers don't have time and resources
>> to maintain existing gnome-desktop translations. Lithuanian translation
>> degrades and they started setting priorities for translated packages. I
>> am
>> asking to restrict Lithuanian Gnome team members' access to gnome-office
>> translations and to allow me update those translations individually.
>> They
>> don't respect my contributions to Gnome and they mismanage the team. I
>> don't ask for write access to gnome software repository. I can accept
>> setup where someone updates translations from bug tracker reports or
>> vertimus as long as Lithuanian Gnome team does not corrupt my
>> translations.
>
> Well, from the statistics, the translations seem to be rather complete.
> Giving that is is at 91% while three modules (anjuta, gdl and package-kit)
> are not translated at all I feel that the language has good support. I see
> no obvious reason why the current coordinator fails to archive a complete
> translation.

My opinion is based on orca and anjuta comments in vertimus
(http://l10n.gnome.org/languages/lt/gnome-3-0/ui/).

"anjuta žemo prioriteto – pirma išverskite kitus modulius." - anjuta is
low priority. translate other modules first
"orca yra žemo prioriteto – neverskite, kol visi kiti moduliai
nesutvarkyti." - orca is low priority. don't translate until other modules
are finished.

team coordinator sets priorities instead of allowing people to contribute.

> Nobody will commit your translation against the will of the coordinator.
> And everybody who does can expect to be in quite some trouble as he
> clearly broke rules of the translation process.
>
> To conclude: Discuss that in your team. If your opinion on some terms is
> really a majority opinion that is not accepted, please prove that.

Been there. First they ignored me for months, then refused to respect my
opinion after I bursted out on gnome-i18n. R.Kudelis even bragged how he
managed to change file translation in other program and original
translator gave up. I won't give up. I've spend numerous hours translating
thousands of gnumeric texts and I won't accept changes that do simple find
& replace in order to make controversial change. Not from person who
already took credits for my work in Gnome. Any person who tries to
translate something that big will understand my attachment to this
translation.

Like I said I will post updates on Vertimus. It's up to team members to
accept these updates or reject them.

--
Tomas