Lithuanian gnome-office translations

Hi,

In 2009 Lithuanian translation team member Ž.Beručka replaced one gnumeric
"file" translation  with different translation. This action was against
wishes of original translator. I've tried to revert this change by
contacting Ž.Beručka and translation team coordinator G.Miliauskas, but
they ignored my emails and started responding only when I expressed my
discontent publicly on gnome-i18n mailing list.

Current Lithuanian translation maintainers don't have time and resources
to maintain existing gnome-desktop translations. Lithuanian translation
degrades and they started setting priorities for translated packages. I am
asking to restrict Lithuanian Gnome team members' access to gnome-office
translations and to allow me update those translations individually. They
don't respect my contributions to Gnome and they mismanage the team. I
don't ask for write access to gnome software repository. I can accept
setup where someone updates translations from bug tracker reports or
vertimus as long as Lithuanian Gnome team does not corrupt my
translations.

What arguments these people have against me?

* Failas is best translation of word "file"

Failas is direct derivative from English word. There is no native
Lithuanian word failas. In Lithuania we call such things "anglizmas". Use
of such words is usually discouraged. Yes, "failas" is commonly used in
Lithuania, but it is foreign word and does not deserve endorsement in
translations.

* They made translation consistent with Gnome. This translation is
accepted by majority.

They made translation inconsistent with other Gnome Office translations.
These people don't represent majority of users. They only placed
themselves in strategically important places and pushed their
controversial changes ignoring complains of others. Gnome did not use
"failas" until Ž.Beručka unilaterally decided to replace existing
translations. Ž.Beručka replaced the only Gnome Office translation that
had translator's veto on "file". He didn't do it to make translation
consistent with Gnome. He did it to show off his power over translator and
his privileged situation.

* I am not active translator
I am as active as translation team coordinator lets me be. Instead of
working with translators coordinators choose to fix problems themselves
without involving original translators in process. It reduces size of
translation team and translation becomes heavily dependent on coordinator.

* My contributions are not significant.
Check Lithuanian Gnome Desktop translations and count all files that have
my name in them. I was one of the translators who pushed Lithuanian Gnome
from unsupported to 100% in 2003-2004. When I translated things, I created
translations without prioritizing packages and provided significant
updates or 100% translations for libraries, special programs and devel
packages that noone else tried to translate. After translation reached
100% coordinator maintained translation all by himself, complained that I
was gone somewhere although he never ever tried to contact me for
translation updates and accepted credits and money for Lithuanian Gnome.
These actions of coordinator raised by my discontent. I don't care about
money, but I don't like when people get money for something that is done
by others. I chose to work only on abandoned and unmaintained gnome-office
and provided full translations or translation updates for most of
gnome-office packages in 2006. When Ž.Beručka resigned from coordination
of Lithuanian Gnome Team, I've tried to get position that I though I
deserved, but Ž.Beručka used my passive translation style as excuse for
turning me off and transferred his position to other person.

In order to prove my commitment I will post translation updates on
Vertimus and ask gnome-i18n mailing list to commit them, if translation
team members don't commit those translations timely. I will also file bug
reports and raise alarms on mailing list, if team members modify or
replace gnome-office translations without contacting me. Especially when
their modifications involve controversial changes.

--
Tomas