Re: Using two translation workflows for one module

Hi!

Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org>, Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:04:57 -0500:

(...)

> clone, merge, and push back to the repository. However, nothing stops
> anyone from cloning the git repository, doing their work offline and
> submitting it back via bugzilla.

I think that in that case maintainers/developers should be responsible
enough to direct such a bug reporter to appropriate translation team or
community and not accept translation contributions via Bugzilla. But it may
happen, yes.

(...)

> The most important thing is, and I'm sure you will all agree with me,
> to get good quality translations added and to lower the entry point
> for possible contributors to our projects.

Unfortunately these two things don't always come together. Others have
mentioned Launchpad with its (former) open translation approach. Yes, very
open and very unfortunate, with very low output quality. So lowering the
entry point isn't always the best thing to do. At the same time, you should
make sure other things work too in the complex l10n process, but I won't
repeat myself here.

Regards,
Petr Kovar