Re: Totem branched for 2.28

Hi,

Philip Withnall wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-29 at 00:36 +0200, Gil Forcada wrote:
>> El dl 28 de 09 de 2009 a les 23:34 +0100, en/na Philip Withnall va
>> escriure:
>>
>>> Note that I had to fiddle with the Plural-Forms headers in the
>>> Icelandic, Malay and Uighur translations before I could push the branch.
>>> Uighur in particular needs some attention, since I had to make up a
>>> plural form.
>> Did you filled bugs against those translations teams to let them know
>> about it?
>
> I don't think the Icelandic or Malay problems need bugs filing, since I
> was able to copy their Plural-Forms header from other .po files/Damned
> Lies, so it should be correct. Any affected plural strings I've marked
> as fuzzy.

I see in the new icelandic totem.po a huge string for plurals:
Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=(n % 100 != 1 && n % 100 !=
21 && n % 100 != 31 && n % 100 != 41 && n % 100 != 51 && n %
100 != 61 && n % 100 != 71 && n % 100 != 81 && n % 100 != 91);\n

Normally we use:
Plural-Forms: nplurals=2; plural=n != 1;\n

Actually there's a bigger problem with the icelandic
translations; almost all recent translations are not merged
into the actual/updated po file, they just lie in DL like
sitting ducks along with the old po. Maybe this is a
question of manually pushing the merger, but anyway I don't
know how this should work, being a plain mortal translator
w/o git or svn/cvs.

I've contacted the is-coordinator and filed a bug but no-one
seems to be able to push those translations.
Among them were totem and totem-pl-parser which still has
the plural bug - corrected by me quite a long time ago.

If there is a howto describing handling of translations in
DamnedLies (for translators), I'd appreciate a link.

Cheers,

Sveinn í Felli

> I would like to file a bug against the Uighur (ug) translation, but it
> doesn't have a component under l10n on b.g.o. :-\
>
> Philip
>
>> Regards,
>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Philip