Re: problem with git

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 5:39 PM, Tirumurti Vasudevan <agnihot3 gmail com> wrote:
> thanks a ton!
> did as you said and commited the files successfully.
>
> now to experiment with a shallow clone.
> suggestions?

I did some experiments with shallow clones,
http://blogs.gnome.org/simos/2009/04/18/git-clones-vs-shallow-git-clones/

I noticed that there is no significant benefit. In fact, it is
possible to mess up the repository
in a weird way. There are unknown issues when you try to push your
changes from your shallow clone.

Hope this helps,
Simos