problem with git

well my translation team lead delivered a girl baby and so i decided
to take up the commits of translated po files on my own
i need someone to hold my hand till i get the hang of this.
i have an account alright.

this morning i tried to work with git.
went through the How to use Git for GNOME translators page
i browsed through the http://git.gnome.org/ repositories and decided on totum.

i verified my account exists configured git and cloned totum (oh boy 13.8 Mb!)

here i have a problem.
i saw the damned lies page that GNOME 2.28 (development)  is the one
to work with.
actually i have downloaded all the po files as of now.
i have updated the totum file.

i see no branch GNOME 2.28 in the git repos.
i have opened the totum folder and found the ta.po is upto date and
that belongs to 2.26

what to do now?

thanks in advance

dr.tv

--
My blogs: [all in Tamil]
http://anmikam4dumbme.blogspot.com/

BE HAPPY! LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO BE UNHAPPY!