Re: Here we go again *SIGH*

2009/3/3 Johannes Schmid <jhs jsschmid de>:
> Hi!
>
> Am Dienstag, den 03.03.2009, 00:34 +0100 schrieb Kenneth Nielsen:
>> We entered string freeze on February 16 and the following is a
>> transcript of my gmail gnome-i18n inbox, ALL of the listed items are
>> dated after that date. So does string freeze now mean, that it is the
>> point you all start fixing bugs at or what?
>
> Regarding the number of strings that GNOME consists of I think we did
> quite good this term. Note that not all of the mails you mentioned were
> real string freeze breaks

I know.

> and that some have been reverted because they
> were disapproved.

That's almost as bad, that just means that the people that have commit
rights to svn aren't given the appropriate information about
procedures and time tables or don't care to check before commiting.

> Anyway, of course bug-fixing mostly starts after string freeze because
> it's in the last weeks were a lot of polishing happens.

But some of these are purely cosmetic fixes that developers have had
lying around (thats there own words) and that takes very little time
to implement. It should be possible to get this done before string
freeze.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen