Re: ooo-build & l10n

On Monday 22 June 2009, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Am Montag, den 22.06.2009, 11:40 +0200 schrieb Petr Mladek:
> > On Friday 19 June 2009, Claude Paroz wrote:
> > > I moved the ooo-build stats in the Freedesktop category.
> >
> > I am sorry for my ignorance but what do you mean by moving ooo-build
> > stats in the Freedesktop category?
>
> http://l10n.gnome.org/releases/freedesktop-org/
>
> > We started to use the openSUSE translation community, see
> > http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Localization_Guide
>
> Sigh. I don't understand why you don't just work upstream but instead
> try to duplicate work.

We do not really dupplicate the work because we translate only the
ooo-build-specific strings.

The upstream translations framework seems to be a bit inconsistent. 12 basic
localizations are provided by Sun. Some others are provided by an official
pottle server. Many others are provided other ways.

The openSUSE community was the easiest temporary solution. I haven't had time
to look for a better one yet.

Best Regards,
Petr