Re: [vertimus] Merge uploaded file?

Em Seg, 2009-01-19 às 22:36 +0100, Claude Paroz escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know your opinion about the following matter:
> - Should files uploaded by translators on the Vertimus section of
> l10n.gnome.org be always merged with the latest pot file?
>
> This would have the advantage of being able to do a better comparison
> between files (same wrap policy, same line numbers, etc.)
> On the downside, I'm always reluctant to modify files that claimed to be
> 'owned' by a specific user.
> Do you see major drawbacks to this updating?

I only see advantages. The only changes are in automatically extracted
comments, which are not important if they are obsolete. I already do
that (merge with latest POT) when I rview a translation (mine included.

I'm not sure if you're going to use python libs or command line for
that; msgmerge doesn't seem to fix the lkine lenght for PO files edited
with poEdit, so you might need msgcat file.po -o file.po

--
Leonardo Fontenelle
http://leonardof.org