[vertimus] Merge uploaded file?

Hi,

I'd like to know your opinion about the following matter:
- Should files uploaded by translators on the Vertimus section of
l10n.gnome.org be always merged with the latest pot file?

This would have the advantage of being able to do a better comparison
between files (same wrap policy, same line numbers, etc.)
On the downside, I'm always reluctant to modify files that claimed to be
'owned' by a specific user.
Do you see major drawbacks to this updating?

Claude