Re: [vertimus] Merge uploaded file?

Il giorno lun, 19/01/2009 alle 22.36 +0100, Claude Paroz ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to know your opinion about the following matter:
> - Should files uploaded by translators on the Vertimus section of
> l10n.gnome.org be always merged with the latest pot file?

Well, the l10n.g.o workflow is:
      * grab the updated PO
      * work on it
      * upload PO with changes

While you are working on PO, original messages could be changed by
developers, so we need a way to check and compare uploaded PO against
latest available POT.

If you don't want to change uploaded stuff, you could add a warning like
in attached screenshot: hovering the mouse on warning message could show
a tooltip explaing the reason of the warning, something like: "The
translation you uploaded was checked against latest POT files. It seems
that some messages was changes while you was working on it. The uploaded
translation compared against latest POT files reports X fuzzy and Y
untranslated". I'm speaking about changed messages, not changed
source/line references.

Then you could:
     A. add a "Update" button near warning message - translator can
        click on it to force the merge
     B. provide two links, one for original uploaded file, one for the
        merged one
     C. other? any idea?